Zero Carbon Britain: Rethinking the Future
Wed 2nd - Fri 4th Sept 2015
Course starts at 6pm and ends at 2pm on the last day.
Course fee including full board accommodation:-
Waged £250, Concessions £200.
Dates, Times & Fees
An in-depth introduction to CAT’s latest Zero Carbon Britain research, offering a robust, evidence-based scenario that explores ways we can deliver a climate positive future, whilst also maintaining a modern lifestyle.
The course also covers how Zero Carbon Britain can be successfully used as a powerful tool for groups and individuals to inspire positive action, stimulate debate and build consensus in their communities and places of work.
The course is aimed at Local Green Groups, Transition Towns, FOE groups, CAT members, activists etc.
Participants will leave with:-
• Overview of the key environmental challenges
• Long term perspective on relationship between human beings and energy
• Detailed introduction to the ZCB scenario and how it meets climate challenges
• Detailed session on energy modelling and land-use/diets
• How ZCB can offer an national perspective to local action
• Suggestions on how ZCB has been used as a tool for local groups
• Training on how to use/present ZCB.
• Exploration of zero carbon scenarios from other parts of the globe
Course starts at 6pm and ends at 3pm on the last day.
Course fee including 3 meals a day and twin ensuite shared room:- Waged £250, Concessions £200.
The Small is Beautiful Festival Small is festival at CAT immediately follows the course (Sat 5th and Sunday 6th) and is an ideal opportunity to meet others and put what you have learnt in to practice.
To reserve a place on one of our courses, choose one of the following options:
• Online: Click on the “Book online” button either below, or in the top right corner of the screen and follow the instructions.
• By telephone: Call the Courses Department on 01654 704 952 with your credit card details.
• By post: Firstly, call the Courses Department on 01654 704 952 to check availability and then post cheque to:
Centre for Alternative Technology
Please note: a £100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place.
The balance of the course fee is due two weeks before the start of the course.
Course Fees and Concessions
We offer concessions rates where stated for some courses, concessions apply to unemployed, retired or full-time students.
Our course fees include full board accommodation, tuition and materials, unless otherwise stated.
Please note that we will make the following cancellation charges:
a) more than two weeks before the course - half the fee forfeit.
b) less than two weeks before the course - the full fee forfeit.
The deposit is non refundable in most circumstances.
However, the Centre reserves the right to cancel any courses, deposits and fees will be returned in full should this happen.