Solar P.V. Off-grid Systems
Fitting solar panels on our 20Kw roof
Sun 18th June 2017.
Course starts at 9:30am and ends at 4pm.
Course fee (not including food and accommodation) £60.
Dates, Times & Fees
• How to combine modules, batteries, inverters, cable sizes, calculate load demands, issues and considerations of off-grid systems.
• Theory and comparison to grid-linked systems.
• Tour of off-grid systems.
• Simple off-grid demo systems will be built in a practical exercise to reinforce the function of the different components and taking a schematic and implementing it into a system.
• You’ll measure IV curves and module efficiency in simple ways that can be useful for field testing.
• We’ll highlight data sources and useful software, including some practical sessions on these.
Please note:- The course is not aimed at training certified installers, but to give designers/maintainers a good insight into the design issues and tradeoffs.
It wouldn't cover exact costs, legislation or available components in particular locations.
There is no single design for a given task, it depends on the aims and importance of elements of the performance.
We would not be able to offer any roof work, or much 'real' system assembly.
The course is about understanding the design approach and methods and we can show examples of components and systems.
This course is designed to be taken after the Introduction to Solar P.V. course the day before, as a foundation of understanding of PV is required to fully benefit. We strongly recommend that you take the introduction course the day before.
This course is designed to be taken after the Introduction to Solar P.V. course the day before, as a foundation of understanding of PV is required to fully benefit. We strongly reccommend that you take the introduction course the day before.
Due to the nature of this course some practical work will be done outside. We strongly advise you to bring waterproof clothing and steel toe-cap boots are mandatory.
You must be over the age of 18 years when this course starts.
To book a place on a course, please choose one of the following options:
• Book Online- the “Book online” button is either below, or in the top right corner of the screen and follow the instructions.
• Call the Courses Department on 01654 704 966 with your bank card details.
Our course fees include tuition and materials, unless otherwise stated.
Please also note our Cancellation & Refund Policy
a) 1 day course fees are non-refundable.
b) CAT reserves the right to cancel any courses. Deposits and fees will be returned in full should this happen.