Build a Tiny House
Fri 21st - Mon 24th April 2017 SOLD OUT.
This course also runs on three other dates;-
Mon 5th - Fri 8th June 2017
Fri 21st - Mon 24th July 2017
Mon 31st July - Thurs 3rd Aug 2017
Course starts at 9:30am and ends at 5pm on the last day.
Course fee including full board accommodation:-
Waged £600, Low waged / Concessions £550.
Dates, Times & Fees
Learn how to make a beautiful and bespoke tiny house from the ground up including the timber frame structure, interior and relevant renewable systems.
Carwyn Jones (Master craftsman) will guide you through an inspiring week where you’ll see how you could:
• Build a simple timber frame tiny house, approx. 6ft x 10ft and understand the advantages of different layouts.
• Clad the walls.
• Build different roof shapes.
• Install windows and doors.
• Fix the structure to a trailer.
• Create simple and functional fitted furniture.
• Harvest rainwater and include a compost toilet.
• Install basic plumbing
Jam packed with hints and tips as well as talks from experts you’ll leave the course feeling ready to exert your artistic flair on a tiny house of your own. Whether that’s a little off-grid home, a workspace in the garden or a glamping pod for summer getaways. We only have four days to do this though so you won’t build a tiny house from start to finish, rather we’ll have some pre-made elements to avoid unnecessary repetition and to help you progress through all the elements of the build in good time.
You might also like to extend your stay so you can explore the CAT Visitor Centre and get free advice from our Information desk on renewable energies which might be appropriate.
Regarding our course in June:-
Small is Beautiful Festival
Stay on after the course for the fabulous Small is Beautiful Festival at CAT on 8th – 11th June. An event exploring positive responses to our future through low carbon technology, social justice and the arts.This year focussing on housing.
You can find more about the festival here
To book festival accommodation and/or festival tickets please call us on 01654 704966.
Due to the nature of this course some practical work will be done outside. We strongly advise you to bring waterproof clothing and steel toe-cap boots are mandatory.
You must be over the age of 18 years when this course starts.
To book a place on a course, please choose one of the following options:
• Book Online- the “Book online” button is either below, or in the top right corner of the screen and follow the instructions.
• Call the Courses Department on 01654 704 966 with your bank card details. Please note: a £100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place.
The balance of the course fee is due 28 days before the start of the course.
Our course fees include full board accommodation, tuition and materials, unless otherwise stated.
Please also note our Cancellation & Refund Policy
a) The £100 deposit and 1 day course fees are non-refundable.
b) For courses of 2 days or more when you give us this notice of cancellation:
• 28 days or more – refund minus your £100 deposit.
• 8 to 27 days notice – refund minus your £100 deposit for sales of £200 or under. On sales over £200 - 50% refund.
• 7 days notice or under – no refund.
c) CAT reserves the right to cancel any courses. Deposits and fees will be returned in full should this happen.