Sat 29th -Sun 30th July 2017.
Course starts at 10am and ends at 4pm on the last day.
Course fee (not including food and accommodation) £120.
Dates, Times & Fees
Get away to CAT for a dirty weekend. Learn how to build using incredible cob.
Your experienced teacher Ken Neal will take you through a hands-on practical course where you will discover:
1. How to decide if cob is right for your project
2. How to choose the right soil and carry out simple soil testing
3. The different types of foundation used
4. Mixing methods; for large and small scale building; and hand/foot versus machine.
5. Get down and dirty laying and compacting the cob.
6. How to treat openings
7. and finally how to finish it off; the top, sides of walls and openings
A great fun weekend, just don't forget your wellies!
Food and accommodation -
This course does not include food or accommodation but CAT has a range available to suit your needs.
Choose from self-catering, B&B, half board and full board accommodation all on-site, in both en-suite private rooms and shared dorm rooms from as little as £20/night. For more details and to book call 01654 704 966 or see the About Us tab.
Due to the nature of this course some practical work will be done outside. We strongly advise you to bring waterproof clothing and steel toe-cap boots are mandatory.
You must be over the age of 18 years when this course starts.
To book a place on a course, please choose one of the following options:
• Book Online- the “Book online” button is either below, or in the top right corner of the screen and follow the instructions.
• Call the Courses Department on 01654 704 966 with your bank card details.
Our course fees include tuition and materials, unless otherwise stated.
Please also note our Cancellation & Refund Policy
a) 2 day course fees are non-refundable.
b) CAT reserves the right to cancel any courses. Deposits and fees will be returned in full should this happen.